In the next post series I´m going to show you some MAME games running in an Android device (Xperia Neo)
There are four MAME emulators for the Android platform:
- MAME4droid (0.37b5)
- MAME4droid Reloaded (0.139)
- Tiger Arcade (No longer on Google Market)
- Jrioni Arcade Full Version (paid)
As the device chosen to do the tests is a mono-core one (Snapdragon 1GHz), I´ll discard the MAME4droid Reloaded (0.139) as it is targeted to Dual-core processors
- MAME4droid (0.37b5) v 1.5.2 (Jan 2012) - code.google.com/p/imame4all
- Supports mame rom set 37b which includes most Neo Geo titles, CPS1, some Taito, Konami, and Cave titles as well as various other older titles (Circus Charlie, Pacman etc). Emulates over 2000 different romsets. Some games will run better than others and some might not even run with MAME4droid.
- Overlay Filters, scanlines, CRT.
- Individual game options
- Tiger Arcade v3.0.5 (paid)
- Supports Capcom, Neo Geo, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Cave and Toaplan titles.Tends to work well with Final Burn Alpa compatible ROMs
- Discontinued. Last version from 2011-12-24
- Don´t buy the program as many people are saying license system is not working.
- Jrioni Arcade Full Version v3.2.0 (paid) - jrioni-arcade.blogspot.com.es
- Support CPS1, NEOGEO and .37 MAME rom set.
- You can download the "Lite" version from Google Play and use it. The only limitation
it´s the Savegames option. You can´t load savegames with "Lite" version
- MAME4droid Reloaded (0.139) - code.google.com/p/imame4all