JXD released a new firmware version some days ago. Version 2.5 has little changes or not at all as there is no changes log anywhere.
So why bother updating the s5110?
Well I have done some test with the new firmware and the Skelrom v1.6. I created a new "v1.7" Skelrom with all the benefits from v1.6 and firmware 2.5.
I tested this new v1.7 on my device and got this result in Antutu (v3.0.3):
- JXD s5110: 4.017 points - v1.7
- JXD s5110: 4.024 points - v1.6 SkelROM
- JXD s5110 CPU Integer: 599 - CPU Float point: 428 - v1.7
- JXD s5110 CPU Integer: 594 - CPU Float point: 428 - v1.6 SkelROM
- JXD s5110 2D Graphs: 398 - 3D Graphs: 1572 - v1.7
- JXD s5110 2D Graphs: 395 - 3D Graphs: 1690 - v1.6 SkelROM
So clearly there is no clear benefit after updating to v2.5 firmware.
On the other side, along this testing days I haven´t found any problem with the v2.5 firmware (using my v1.7 ROM). All is working nice and fast. NO FC so far.
And I am feeling that maybe, just maybe, the device is more responsiveness device than before. IS this a placebo effect?
It´s very difficult to measure this behavior but I´ll keep trying till I found a definitive way of measuring it.
So, I am keeping my new v1.7 ROM and being happy with JXD still developing for this little device.